This list could include about 100 more lyrics and would likely change a little if I wrote this later on today. Another thing. If you choose to share this, feel free to write about lyrics from any style of music. I just enjoy using my mind to “freestyle” these kind of lists. I’ll likely put out a “rock” version at some point down the line. Away we go….
1) “Talking ’bout ‘I need a Phillie right before I get loose’/poor excuse, money please, I get loose off of orange juice/preferably Minute Maid cuz that’s exactly what it takes to write a rhyme/huh, SO SCREW your nickels and your dimes.” – “Phony Rappers” by A Tribe Called Quest (Phife’s verse)
2) “You’re shallow like a puddle, the meek ones seem to huddle/you bitch ass individuals can call your girls and cuddle.” – “99 Cents Lighter” by Blood of Abraham (Benyad’sverse)
4) “This is Nas kid, you know how it runs/I’m waving automatic guns at nuns/stickin’ up the preacher in the church, I’m a stone crook/serial killer who works by the phone book.” – “Back to the Grill (remix)” by MC Serch (Nas’ verse)
5) “I don’t transform and I don’t change shape/don’t take the bus, don’t shoplift tapes/but, I used to, and if you choose to/here’s something to pop inside your Walkman and cruise to.” – “Deep End” by Swollen Members (Madchild)
6) “Now bust the combustion Big Bang, gangbangers that spit slang/Be the truth, not that King James version they teach in schools/Jesus knew, he was thugged out too, A bugged out dude, a loose cannon/in my future, we use Magnums.” – “It’s Us” by Non-Phixion (Ill Bill‘s verse)
7) “Bandaging MC’s, oxygen they can’t breathe/mad tricks up the sleeve,wear boxers so my dick can breathe/breeze through in the Q-45 by my side, lyrical high/and those that rushes my cluthes get put on crutches/get smoked like dutches from the master.” – “Unbelievable” by Notorious B.I.G.
8) “Sippin’ cholorophyll out of ill silver goblets/I’m like a faucet, monopoly’s the object/There ain’t no way to cut this tap, you got ta get wet/Your head is throbbin and I ain’t said shit yet!” – “The Next Movement” by The Roots (Black Thought)
9) “Rap is like a set-up, a lot of games/a lot of suckas with colorful names/I’m so-and-so, I’m this, I’m that/huh, but they all just wick-wick-wack/I’m not white or red or black I’m brown…from the Boogie Down.” – “My Philosophy” by Boogie Down Productions (KRS-One)
10) “Boo, I put my little thing in action/smooth like satin or Special Ed when he was taxin’/headz relaxin’ and play tha’ back when I spill/I regulate a flow like chicks on birth control pills.” – “3 The Hard Way” by Bahamadia
I love doing this stuff…look forward to hearing your input and seeing what you bring to the table!!!! Holler!